Carp are a popular target for many anglers, as they are hard-fighting fish that can put up a good fight. One of the best baits for carp is boilies.
Boilies are large, round balls of bait that are usually made from a mix of flour, eggs, and other ingredients.
In this blog post, we will show you how to make your own boilies for carp fishing.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Your favorite carp bait flavor (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together until everything is well combined.
- Add in the cooking oil and mix well.
- If you are using a carp bait flavor, add it in now and mix until well combined.
- Roll the dough into small balls—approximately one inch in diameter—and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
That’s it! You now know how to make your own boilies for carp fishing! Homemade boilies are not only cheaper than store-bought ones, but they also allow you to customize the flavor to better attract carp. Give it a try on your next fishing trip!